Tuesday 14 December 2010

Flag this message Change The Explorer Toolbar Background

To change the toolbar background in Internet explorer and Windows explorer you will have to add some registry value.
Go to start > type regedit > hit enter, Browse the following location:



HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar\





Create a new string value called BackBitmap and type in a path to a bitmap (remember "a BITMAP", not the jpg or gif),
e.g.
c:windowssome.bmp

This did not work for me, I tried using 'double slashes',
e.g
c:\windows\some.bmp

and it worked.

You can place the image anywhere in hard disk. You have to know the path just. Use big image. Preferably 1600X200 pixels.
Cool eh! I have used Windows 7 Wallpaper as a background for my explorer and Internet explorer. It will not stretch or squeeze. It will show up the top part of the image as much as it needs. Okay now I remember I had used in the past hotbar for changing explorer background image. That tool had lot of pre-made free backgrounds. Looks like now there is Platrium instead of hotbar. Cool stuff. But I can do it this way by myself rather then installing a software and giving my explorer trouble to bear third party software load.
          

No comments:

Post a Comment

what is Juice Jacking SCAM

  Juice Jacking is a cybersecurity threat that occurs when cybercriminals manipulate public charging stations, such as USB charging ports in...